Sunday, July 8, 2012

...empty pages and a frozen pen...

Yup.
The rock got the best of me for a while. (Although I was working on an actual job, the art was working ME over.)

One of the trickiest parts of this exercise is making a decision on what to post here. As I mentioned before, the point is to wrestle back control of my skills.

I often like to visit http://www.drawergeeks.com/ for some inspiration. It's a website where a group of cartoonists select a common theme and all post their various takes on the subject. Its fun to see what each artist brings to the table. It looks like nobody has been posting since 2010, though!

Last week, while looking over some of the entries, I had the brilliant idea to use their list as the subject for my own random weekly challenges!

So, this week I take a "Shot of Inspiration"!




















This Week's Theme: Captain Marvel/Shazam
















I decided to go ahead and pick a subject for next week's entry.


If any of my art pals (or anyone, really) would like to contribute, just email me and I'll post it in the next blog!

Thanks fer lookin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment